Speech Language Pathologist, Audiology and Speech Language
Hours of Work: Casual Position; Days
Rate of Pay: $39.31-$50.09
Union: OPSEU 4106 Non-Central
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
The Speech Language Pathologist provides services that reflect the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care: practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario regulatory body: functions principally to assess, diagnose and treat persons with communication and swallowing disorders: works independently or in consultation with other professionals involved in the care of persons with communication and swallowing disorders. The current caseload is in the Stroke Unit. Participation in teaching including mentoring and supervising new staff, students and other health care professionals is part of the role. Continuing education and professional practice activities are expected.
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Registration in College of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior judgement and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Current BCLS@ the Health Care Provider Level
- Current CPIC
- Proven good attendance
- 1-2 years experience in dysphagia
- MBS-IMP certification strongly preferred
- Experience with VFSS strongly preferred
- Ability to provide services in French, preferred
The incumbent will be required to meet the physical demands as described for the area of work.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website