Title: MedicalRadiation Technologist
Department: Diagnostic X-ray
Position Number: 50066204
Hours of Work: Casual Position; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: $32.43-$43.46
Union: OPSEU4106 Central
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital Site (may need to work at any KHSC Site based on operational needs)
Under general direction, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of the technical details.
The MRT performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiographic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required, including the emergency room, the surgical suite, portables, and the diagnostic imaging department.
The Radiological Technologist will adhere to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
The employee may be trained and required to provide coverage at the Kingston General Hospital Site of Kingston Health Sciences Centre.
Within this role the Radiological Technologist is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the KHSC strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Successful completion of a recognized course in x-ray technology.
- Eligible for registration with College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario.
- Competency on all general radiology imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability with above average written and verbal communication skills, including good grammar, composition and spelling.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and tactfully with all types of people.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website