Pharmacist - 2 Full-time positions
Department: Pharmacy - Clinical
Hours of Work: 2 Full-Time Positions; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: $43.61-$55.78
Union: OPSEU4106 Non-Central
Location: Kingston General Hospital Sites
Under the direction of the Director, the pharmacist will provide individualized drug therapy recommendations to optimize patient outcomes in assigned service/program at HDH/KGH. Ensure that drugs are procured, stored, prepared, prescribed, dispensed and administered in a safe and effective manner. Participate in education and research activities related to area of practice.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or undergraduate pharmacy degree recognized by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC).
- Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) in part A, within 12 months of starting employment at KGH.
- Accredited Canadian Pharmacy Residency Certificate preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience within the last five years in hospital pharmacy practice preferred.
- Experience in direct patient care, drug information, pharmacokinetics and computerized drug order entry.
- Strong knowledge of drugs and therapeutics with ability to apply in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrated proficiency as a hospital pharmacist based on CSHP and OCP Standards of Practice and in NAPRA Professional Competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound professional decisions in a complex interprofessional environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously, and tactfully.
- Strong team skills with a proven ability to perform duties independently, with a high degree of motivation and minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to drug information requests, perform literature searches and critically evaluate published research.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including experience with MSOffice software.
- Adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check required.
The incumbent will be required to meet the physical demands as described for the area of work.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website