Registered Nurse, Part-Time, Davies 5 Medicine
Hours of Work: Part-Time Position;Rotating Shifts
Wage Range: $33.56-$48.05
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
The RN is responsible for ensuring that practice and conduct meets legislative requirements and the standards of the profession as designed by the College of Nurses of Ontario. RNs' practice will also comply with Kingston Health Sciences Centre policies and procedures.
Within this role the Registered Nurse is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- The RN initiates and coordinates interprofessional team assessments and plans of care including physical, spiritual and psychosocial needs of patients across the continuum of care.
- Delivers care and provides care coordination for an assigned group of patients in an ambulatory and/or inpatient setting. Plans, organizes and establishes priorities based on individual patient's needs and scheduled activities and adjusts priorities and activities in response to unanticipated events.
- Develops plans of care to achieve identified patient goals within the ambulatory and/or inpatient setting and including planning for transitions within and from the hospital setting.
- Provides teaching and learning experiences for both patient and family. Coordinates family communication, family meetings and conferences.
- Performs therapeutic measures as prescribed by members of the professional care team and as indicated by the nursing diagnosis.
- Maintains appropriate records of observation, nursing care administered and patient's response.
- Communicates regularly with the interprofessional team members throughout the patient care experience.
- Assigns, teaches and supervises Patient Care Assistants/Volunteers. Acts as the key contact person for new interprofessional team members and assigned group of patients.
- Performs Charge Nurse responsibilities for a tour of duty as assigned.
- Provides for an environment which is conducive to the safety and well-being of patients, visitors and staff by practicing and promoting accident prevention; by being familiar with emergency procedures and regulations, by using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately; and by being alert to infection hazards and infection control procedures.
- Maintains competence in nursing practice through in-service and continuing education. Participates in nursing research. Serves on departmental and related committees when and as requested. Interprets nursing department and hospital policies to patients, families and visitors. Performs related work as requested. Adheres to the worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies and dept./unit established procedures at all times.
NOTE: The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all inclusive. Please see People Services on Watkins 4 for the full Job Description.
- Eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Knowledge and competence in CPR.
- One year recent experience in acute medical nursing preferred.
- Experience and/or continuing education in gerontology nursing an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The physical demand will vary dependent on the specific unit or service. The incumbent will be required to meet the physical demands described for that unit of services.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team
Apply on company website