Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Chronic Pain Clinic
Position Number: 50066132
Hours of Work: Temporary Part-Time Position (approximately 12 months); Rotating Shifts
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital Site
The Registered Nurse provides services in a manner consistent with HDH Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration); practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario; is accountable and responsible for the identification of knowledge and skills necessary to achieve competency within a given scope of practice; is able to demonstrate competencies that are essential for the delivery of safe and effective client care; applies an unique set of skills and knowledge in the provision of family focused care in an environment that promotes autonomy in nursing practice; works as a member of a multidisciplinary team in the Chronic Pain clinic; collaborates and communicates effectively with clients, families and all members of the health care team of multidisciplinary professionals and support personnel; consults with other members of the health care team regarding treatment plans; works well independently and as part of the multidisciplinary team; participates in service and hospital wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centred environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
- Current certification of competence as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario
- Minimum of 2 years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Current BCLS certification at the Health Care Provider level
- Experience in a perianesthesia or emergency setting preferred
- Experience with Lidocaine IV infusions and/or Intrathecal pump medication administration preferred
- Pain Management Speciality Certificate and/or additional Chronic Pain education/certificates preferred
- B. ScN preferred
- ACLS/ PALS preferred
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French preferred
- Ability to interpret basic cardiac rhythm
- Proven comprehensive physical and health assessment skills
- Recent and related nursing experience in a chronic pain patient environment or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of chronic pain patient population, presenting factors and client needs
- Ability to function independently as well as interdependently
- Proven ability to take an active role in learning and knowledge acquisition
- Able to demonstrate that practice has moved along the novice to expert continuum
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly in an environment with an accelerated pace
- Capable of coping with a physically and mentally demanding workload
- Proven computer skills especially with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook).
- Current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search administered by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- Proven good attendance
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The physical demand will vary dependent on the specific unit or service. The incumbent will be required to meet the physical demands described for that unit of services.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website