Title: Registration Clerk
Department: Registration Pool
Position Number: 50064011
Hours of Work: Part-Time Position; Rotating Shifts
Pay Band: BAND D- $22.622-$25.067
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
In accordance with Article 9.05, where the previous incumbent returns to this position within the thirty (30) day trial period this position shall be deemed not vacant and the posting will be cancelled. Should the vacancy be cancelled, applicants to this posting shall be notified.
Please note, this posting identifies the current shifts that apply to the position control number. However, this does not guarantee the permanence of the shift time or work assignment for the position. The Hospital reserves its Management Rights under the CUPE Collective Agreement to make changes to shift time and work assignment as it deems necessary.
As a patient liaison, the employee will interact closely with the care team to perform reception and registration duties in the various Patient Registration areas. Responsible for creating visits on PCS (including IP, OP, EP and SM) and appointment scheduling. These functions are carried out in accordance with the Statement of Confidentiality and Ethics of Patient Records and Registration.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre's strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
- Obtains patient demographic, insurance information, signatures, and other relevant data for registration.
- Creates and activates visits on the PCS. Schedules clinic appointments, cancels and/or reschedules appointments, and mail appointment slips as required.
- Generates and distributes appropriate reports and other information, as required.
- Follows downtime procedures during computer shut down and emergency procedures.
- Understands and is familiar with all pertinent KHSC policies and procedures including those relating to workplace conduct. Complies with the KHSC Commitment to uphold the Workplace Conduct and Reporting of Inappropriate Conduct policy and behaves in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles and expectations.
- Medical Administration Diploma (2 year) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum - One year experience in a health care setting within the last five years.
- Microsoft Office Level 2 – Excel and Word will be tested.
- Keyboarding with 35 wpm and 90% accuracy will be tested.
- Medical Terminology proficiency will be tested.
- Ability to navigate the Internet required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, courteously and professionally required.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately, ability to cope with frequent interruptions (multitasking) and ability to meet deadlines (time management) required.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment required.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website