Technician 4, Cardio Holter
Rate of Pay: $29.87-$34.39
Union: OPSEU 4106 Central
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital Site
The ECG4 technician is responsible for conducting a variety of cardiac testing in response to a physician's order for both KHSC inpatients and outpatients. The technician promotes a safe and healthy patient and family centered engagement and care in all that we do.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The EGG4 technician provides the following services in a manner that is consistent with KHSC Mission and Values:
- Operate electrocardiogram and other electronic equipment to record cardiac activity of patients during procedures including but not limited to Exercise Testing, Nuclear testing, Stress Echo Testing, Exercise Bike testing, ECGs, 12 lead ECG testing, as well as modified placement for Brugada, paediatric, right sided and 15 lead ECGs Holter Monitoring hook up and scanning, and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in compliance with Departmental Policy/Procedure including patient instruction, patient history and documentation.
- Appropriate placement and application of all monitoring devices.
- Ensure all quality control assessments are performed as per departmental procedure
- Monitor patient during procedure to recognize and react appropriately to any changes in arrhythmia, BP and Heart rate.
- Modify equipment settings as required to enhance quality and ensure accuracy during acquisition.
- Transmit captured patient ECG data to the MUSE database confirming patient demographics and visit number before distribution to Cardiologist for interpretation
- Upload patient data into MARS system as Holter recorders are returned, analyze data and issue a preliminary interpretation before distribution to Cardiologist for final report
- Meet the Standards for the Provision of Electrocardiography (ECG) – based Diagnostic Testing in Ontario established by CorHealth
- Maintain database integrity ensuring accuracy in patient demographics, assigning hospital visit number and distribution to Cardiologists for reporting
- Maintains competency through on going educational activities and identified learning needs.
- Communicating effectively and using a collaborative approach, practice is in keeping with departmental and hospital policies and procedures and KHSC mission and values
Other related duties:
- Keep equipment and work space clean and safe by following department protocols and infection control policies.
- supervise student training activities
- check crash cart as per Departmental Policy
- ensure patient and staff privacy and safety at all times.
- complete annual mandatory learning modules in Knowledge Now
- Graduate from an accredited program in Cardiovascular Technology
- Cardiovascular Technician with experience in Holter Scanning, Nuclear testing, ECG and stress testing
- Current registration or eligible for registration with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists or equivalent required
- Minimum one year recent and related experience
- Demonstrated ability to recognize advanced cardiac arrhythmias, variations in wave morphology and electrocardiographic signs of myocardial ischemia/infarction on ECG's.
- Ability to react and respond in emergency situations during exercise treadmill stress, nuclear, stress echo and exercise bike testing
- BCLS certification
- Strong working knowledge of computers and database management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and professionalism.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a collaborative member of the team
- Proven ability to attend work regularly and be punctual.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Apply on company website