DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Graduate Medical Education Coordinator.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Graduate Medical Education Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Graduate Medical Education Coordinator
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, Texas
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assisting the Program Director in the overall and day-to-day operations of the Program
- Provides necessary support to the Program Director, residents and staff
- Updates Program Director, residents and staff on departmental policies and procedures
- Ensures accurate time-keeping documentation
- Produces and distributes annual rotation schedule and manages monthly changes
- Communicates annual rotation schedule changes to all necessary personnel
- Works with the Program Director to ensure completion of the resident and other learner schedules
- Manages schedule changes and ensures all are appropriately reflected in MedHub
- Ensures the timely receipt of all faculty evaluations
- Works with the GME office/Human Resources regarding all visa applications and the ECFMG process
- Assists and coordinates with the GME office any special functions (e.g. resident graduation, resident receptions, awards, etc.)
- Responsible for the organization of the recruitment, interview and Match process
- Assists in development of annual recruitment campaign
- Organizes the residency recruitment schedule to be followed throughout the recruitment season
- Annually reviews recruitment information and internet website for any possible changes/modifications
- Manages Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) interaction and prescreens all applicants invited for interviews
- Produces and distributes the applicant interview schedule and manages acute scheduling changes
- Coordinates the interview process, ranking process, and post-match activities (including but not limited to: post-match survey process, block scheduling request packet creation and distribution)
- Assists in the electronic submission of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) list
- Responsible for understanding Program Accreditation and assists in ensuring the Residency fulfills all appropriate requirements.
- Understands and is able to analyze the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and American Osteopathic Association (AOA) requirements for institutional, core, and program requirements.
- Coordinates completion of the self-study and annual update for the ACGME review and Basic Standard Workbooks for the AOA site review.
- Advises Program Director of requirement interpretation
- Organizes Internal Review with institution's Graduate Medical Education (GME) office
- Maintains current knowledge of state licensure requirements and ensures Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliance
- Monitors resident work hours and corrects issues related to work hours in coordination with the Program Director
- Responsible for ensuring completion of all appropriate resident documentation
- Oversees tracking and verification of all procedures and credentialing
- Manages residency personnel database and ensures all data is up-to-date, and accurate
- Ensures resident binders/files are all consistent, up-to-date, and accurate
- Works with the Program Director to annually update and modify resident curriculums
- Coordinates completion of all resident and faculty evaluations and coordinates feedback to Program Director and/or GME office and involved faculty regarding rotation evaluations
- Maintains statistics for the Joint Commission and the Association of American Medical Colleges surveys and ACGME/AOA director of residency programs
- Responsible for coordinating the Residency/Fellowship orientation programs
- Assists in planning and developing the program-specific orientation schedule with the Program Director
- Assists the GME office in the planning and development of the Institutional resident orientation schedule
- Organizes the program-specific materials to be distributed to all incoming residents
- Assists the Program Director in development of the Intern lecture schedule and distributes to all appropriate personnel
- Responsible for coordinating the learner educational experience
- Ensure that all learner rotations and electives are assigned appropriately
- Coordinate student evaluation completion
- Identify potential students for recruitment to the program and facilitates their interaction with the residency administration
- Advise learners on the application process for the residency program
- Coordinates all educational activities and experiences (e.g. grand rounds, conferences, etc.)
- Responsible for continuing professional development
- Participate in hospital and departmental committees related to residency programs
- Participates in national, regional, and state conferences, committees, training programs, etc. related to the residency program
- Apprise Program Director of changes and trends in GME
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills, and maintains appropriate interpersonal relationships
- Serve as an articulate representative of the Residency/Fellowship Program with all audiences, and complies with established policies
- Utilizes appropriate and acceptable intervention and communication styles in order to be an effective liaison and resource person
- Prepares written reports and documentation with correct grammar and form; submits all required reports and documentation accurately, completely and on time
- Responsible and accountable for assigned educational activities or initiatives associated with program development and/or innovation
- Assists Program Administration in development of work plans and timelines, and metrics for all projects. Ensures adherence to descriptors, taking appropriate actions to meet and as necessary, revise requirements
- Collects and analyzes Program-specific metrics as appropriate
- Assists in providing guidance and support to ensure effective implementation of program initiatives/innovations
- Develops, promotes, and provides education symposia for physicians. Conducts needs assessment for target audience. Documents offering appropriately to meet criteria for obtaining continuing education credits for participating
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in either a healthcare setting (preferably in Graduate Medical Education (i.e. Residency Coordinator) or in some field of education, (i.e.teacher/educator) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent presentation skills
- Additional languages preferred
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed
- Ability to efficiently and accurately manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently, with limited guidance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize information
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our recruiters for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website