Called the "hottest non-profit on the planet" by FORTUNE magazine and a Top 50 Website by TIME, Kiva (www.kiva.org) is the world's first and largest online microfinance lending platform with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. To date, it has facilitated over $600 million in loans to more than a million borrowers. Kiva's interns have been integral to this success since Kiva was founded in 2005. With our interns’ passion, drive, ideas, and expertise, we are able to expand our reach and make a real impact.
Kiva's Information Systems and Security Intern Role:
The Information Systems and Security volunteer is responsible for contributing to the queue of IT support Tickets and helping with long term projects. In addition to working with our Mac OS X 10.9 and Windows 7 desktop environment, you’ll be exposed to our integration of Google Apps, Box.com, and Salesforce with LDAP/SSO. You’ll help us with managing Nagios as well as upgrading our server environment to the latest Ubuntu LTS. Finally you’ll be responsible for the continued optimization of our Cisco based wireless network.
- Handle day-to-day Security, IT, and Systems tasks as defined in new and existing trouble tickets
- With guidance, provide support to teams and individuals to ensure projects are completed with the appropriate focus on security
- Research industry standards around security issues, policies and procedures
- With guidance, develop new policies and procedures from that research and implement those organization-wid
- Ensuring that users and teams with security-related questions and issues are given timely and accurate support and follow up.
- Assisting the Security Administrator with policy and procedure development, from research through to implementation.
- Involvement in day-to-day IT, Systems, and Security tasks.
This is a great unpaid internship with flexible hours for someone wanting real world experience. This is also great for a seasoned IT pro who wants to brush up on the latest and greatest while helping Kiva have a bigger impact on those who do not have access to financial services.
- Basic end user troubleshooting under Mac and Windows.
- Servicing User requests and basic user admin with Google Apps.
- User Management with LDAP.
- Writing and organizing Kiva’s Internal User Documentation.
- A sense of humor
- Strong Troubleshooting instincts.
- Some laptop hardware repair experience.
- Personable and friendly customer service skills.
- Is self directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take on more responsibility.
- Ability to communicate results to Manager and in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate tasks at hand as well as foresee upcoming creative opportunities.
- Someone with a "ready to help" attitude.
- Strong commitment to ethics, honesty, and integrity in conducting business.
- Opportunity to join the team of the world’s first online person-to-person lending platform.
- Casual work environment- flexible office hours.
- References gladly given for successful participants.
Kiva Internships are unpaid and require interns to work at our San Francisco Headquarters a minimum of 3 days per week. We highly suggest you have the availability before submitting an application.
1. Have your resume and cover letter ready. Your cover letter should tell us why you want to be a part of Kiva, why an internship fits into your life at this time, and how a Kiva Internship will support your overall career aspirations.
2. Click the "New Resume/CV" button in the "Apply" box below.
3. On the next page, select "Upload a resume/CV document", click continue.
4. Choose file: Please attach resume and cover letter as a single PDF Doc (2 pages, 1 doc). You must submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.
5. Complete the rest of the application.
6. After reviewing your application in Step 8, clicking "Continue" will submit your application.
Apply on company website