Our prominent healthcare client in Boston, MA is looking to hire an Accountant. In this contract-to-hire role, you will be conducting a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, processing patient, grant and third-party check payments, maintaining balance sheet account work papers, and reconciling bank account activity on a monthly basis. If you have a Bachelor' s degree In Accounting and at least five years of experience in Healthcare Accounting, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Accountant:
- Process patient, grant, and third-party check payments received via mail and categorize checks by type
- Obtain daily bank activity statement(s) and process EFT credits
- Prepare entry for GL posting of all daily cash (and cash equivalents) receipts to appropriate accounts and cost centers including miscellaneous debit transactions
- Reconcile monthly patient cash and third-party payments to EPIC accounts receivable payments posted by the CSHC's billing agent to ensure proper AR balances
- Reconcile bank account activity to bank statements on a monthly basis
- Maintain Balance Sheet Account work papers monthly to ensure the balances tie to the general ledger
- Analyze Due To/From account activity on CSHC/CSHEC/Condo Trust records to ensure proper accounting into the appropriate entity and ensure matching inter-company balances
- Prepare banking, management fee and other miscellaneous journal entries and work papers to support entity balances
- Assist with the compilation of the annual operating and capital budgets for all three entities
- Assist and support Controller in compilation of materials for internal and external audits and related reporting including tax filings and payer reports
Requirements for the Accountant:
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting
- At least five years of experience in Healthcare and light exposure to budgeting
- Knowledge of ADP WFN payroll & ADP Enhanced Time
- Knowledge of OfficeMate is a plus
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
- Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
- Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T' s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
- Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
- KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Apply on company website