Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp) has an immediate opening for a Molecular Oncology Director at the Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology (CMBP) located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham area). The Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology is a state-of --the-art facility providing testing in the areas of molecular genetics, genomics, cytogenetics, biochemical genetics, molecular oncology, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. The molecular oncology laboratory is a high throughput facility that provides clinical testing for healthcare providers and pharma/clinical trials. The directors oversee a diverse menu of tests and use a broad array of technologies, including next generation sequencing.
The Molecular Oncology Director will play a critical function in multiple aspects of clinical molecular testing, including assay development, validation, test optimization, quality control, troubleshooting, and clinical case sign out.
- Sign out laboratory test results for tests performed in Molecular Oncology.
- Participate in oversight for quality control and quality assurance for existing and new tests, including proficiency testing.
- Maintain familiarity with company SOPs, practices, and applicable professional, federal, state, and local regulations, and assure that the laboratory is in compliance.
- Design, optimize, troubleshoot molecular assays in collaboration with R&D.
- Maintain strong working relationships with R&D.
- Analyze data for presentation or publication as needed
- Review scientific literature and attend scientific meetings Required Qualifications
LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of nearly $9.5 billion for 2016 through the contributions of 52,000 employees in approximately 60 countries. To learn more about LabCorp, visit www.labcorp.com.
- PhD and/or MD
- ABMG board certified in Molecular Genetics or have active candidate status.
- ABP board certification or eligibility in Molecular Genetic Pathology for MD applicants
- Certificate of Qualification or eligibility for NYS for Oncology- Molecular and cellular tumor markers
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for molecular diagnostic laboratory developed tests
- Hands-on experience with real-time PCR, next-generation sequencing and laboratory automation/liquid handling solutions is desirable.
- Strong background in experimental design, assay optimization, data analysis.
- Experience working in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment
Apply on company website