The Senior Clinical Project Delivery Manager will be responsible for both line management and portfolio delivery within either the Oncology or Biopharma therapeutic areas (we currently have an opportunity in both these groups).
The SCPDM will work with and manage the Clinical Team Leads and Senior CTLs to provide consistent oversight and delivery across the studies.
This role has the flexibility to be based anywhere in the EMEA - homebased or office based options.
The role includes:
► As portfolio(s) GCDP lead:
• Global oversight of clinical delivery within the project/portfolio
• Portfolio health
• Supporting the CTL team in resolving issues that cannot be resolved at an
• Succession planning and talent development with the project/portfolio
• Partnering with other functions to drive portfolio delivery
• Supporting portfolio growth opportunities, including supporting proposals and bid
• Ensuring efficiencies across a portfolio
► As Line Manager
• Provide day-to-day Line Management support of CTLs and CPDMs within GCPD
• Support the world-wide growth of GCPD through candidate selection, onboarding,
mentoring and ongoing development
• Foster a collegial learning environment within and across GCPD
• Participate in resource allocation
Essential Job Duties:
Accountable for clinical project delivery with regards to agreed time, scope, cost and quality
TEAM COMMUNICATION: Serve as key client contact for the clinical deliverables within assigned projects/portfolios, establishing working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase
potential for repeat business
• Represent clinical delivery within core project team(s). Work effectively promoting crossfunctional
teamwork among project team members including both internal and external
• Serve as escalation point for clinical project issues to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate
• Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed
SCOPE: Oversee delivery of clinical project(s) to scope, schedule and costs, ensuring all clinical deliverables remain on track with the contract and with financial performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactively manage the change
control process both internally and externally
COST: Understand the clinical project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
RISK: Proactively lead clinical team in both quality control and risk assurance activities to
ensure clinical project deliverables are met according to regulatory, Covance and client
QUALITY: Oversee clinical team management of and variance to required clinical project plans. Ensure that all clinical staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, managing team performance and adjustments as necessary
• Develop and manage to key project performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the clinical KPIs are within scope of the project contract
• Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
• Trains & mentors CTLs in multiple areas of expertise.
• Responsible for Line Management and Talent Development
• Ensures allocated resources across the portfolio are aligned with current and forecasted work in terms of capability, quantity, timing, and efficiency
Principal Contacts and Scope of Communications:
• Any members of the Global Clinical Delivery or Global Project Delivery organizations
• Cross functional Project Team
• Business Development
• University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health
profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited
• Masters or other advanced degree.
• PMP certification.
• Strong relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including CTL or equivalent combination of
experience to successfully perform the responsibilities of the job, along with line management experience.
• Supervisory experience in a heath care setting and clinical research experience including project management experience (international clinical trial management experience preferred) in the pharmaceutical or CRO industry.
Oncology clinical research experience and/or other therapeutic experience, depending on the business unit.
• Global clinical project delivery / management experience would be a strong advantage.
Apply on company website