Integrated Oncology, a division of Labcorp, has an immediate opening for a Clinical Cytogeneticist in the Cytogenetics and FISH Laboratory department in Brentwood/Nashville, TN. The primary responsibilities include accurate reporting of patient results, case review, and reviewing training and competency records. The position will be responsible for the review of clinical laboratory data to provide an accurate interpretation of test results to the client. The Clinical Cytogeneticist will interact with employees at various levels and participate in process development, and work with the laboratory information systems, requisitions, worksheets, data and reports.
The hours for this position are Monday - Friday 8am-5pm with some weekend rotations.
- Review, interpret, and report patient results reliably, accurately, and with integrity
- Sign out Cytogenetics reports on a daily basis
- Provide consultation to healthcare professionals and clients regarding test utilization and test interpretation
- Oversee adherence to accepted technical procedures and policies and assist with troubleshooting technical problems
- Review each assigned patient file for accuracy and interpretation of data
- Review laboratory data, compose report, review and signoff report
- Communicate with referring physicians, clients, and sales and marketing representatives
- Design and implement new tests as directed by senior leadership
- Partner with supervisory team to provide effective process management of specimens through laboratory following approved SOPs and management techniques for assigned department
- Facilitate interdepartmental workflow through collaboration with operations, laboratory, sales and Medical Directors
- Provide oversight for QC, QA and QI as appropriate
- Review and sign off of training and competency records for assigned department
Apply on company website