Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge, and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, Monogram Biosciences, a wholly owned subsidiary of LabCorp, wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Clinical Lab Scientist/Technologist in South San Francisco, CA. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we focus on performing novel high-complexity tests and pioneering new diagnostic technologies.
Monogram is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Technologist) to join its team in the Diagnostic Immunology/Companion Diagnostics clinical laboratory. This Clinical Laboratory Scientist position will focus on performing testing of validated assays within Monogram's CLIA licensed laboratory including assays used in screening patients for gene therapies applied to rare diseases, quantitative immunoassays, and cellular uptake assays which measure neutralizing antibody activity. Additionally, the Clinical Lab Scientist will collaborate with Monogram's R&D group in the evaluation of various molecular techniques to process specimens on cell-based systems and ultrasensitive immunology platforms.
The schedule for this position will be: Monday -- Friday 8am-4:30pm.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize a wide array of instrumentation, plate readers, plate washers, and perform quality control and calibrations as required
- Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Analyze specimen data and report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Actively participate in continuing education and in service training programs to maintain licensure
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Provide oversight for unlicensed laboratory staff and clinical laboratory scientists in training
- BS/BA in Chemistry, Biology, Clinical Laboratory or similar scientific field
- Current California State Clinical Laboratory license required (CLS Generalist)
- Strong molecular biology or cell culture skills a plus
- Single and/or multi-channel pipetting experience desired
- Ability to work in a collaborative, flexible environment
- Familiarity of statistical methods and application to the analysis of complex assays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail
Apply on company website