The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world. If you are motivated by job satisfaction LabCorp is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients.
LabCorp Occupational Testing Services in Southaven, MS has a great opportunity for a Forensic Specimen Accessioner. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory field. The Forensic Specimen Accessioner works in a fast paced, production type environment performing a vital component of medical laboratory science. Receive on the job training for the pre-analytical processing of medical samples
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; accession and aliquot specimens, organize work to maintain efficiency and acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
- Process client samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples. Adhere to the SOP.
- Maintain work area, equipment, cleans, and perform scheduled and as needed maintenance procedures.
- Complete all documents accurately and neatly. Monitor chain of custody, and custody and control forms for completeness and acceptability.
- Perform material handling duties by supplying workstations with packaged samples to process, racks and bins to hold processed samples, removal of empty racks and bins, and stocking of other supplies necessary for the accessioning of samples.
- Use independent judgment to decide how to process a wide variety of samples in accordance with applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience and Education Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work independently under general supervision
- Must be able to distinguish colors including shades of colors
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, and rotate/turn with up to thirty pounds
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to multi-task
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to effectively transfer knowledge from one situation to a new situation
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous production experience
Apply on company website