LabCorp is recruiting an IT BI Supervisor for a dynamic team in North Carolina.
Our passion lies in leveraging LabCorp Holding's data assets, to create value for the company and its stakeholders. The IT Business Intelligence (BI) Supervisor is primarily responsible leading a team of BI Professionals for the design and maintenance of business intelligence and analytical capabilities. These include both new development and ongoing support for various LabCorp Holdings business units. The IT Business Intelligence (BI) Supervisor will support and implement solutions that lead to actionable insights, make predictions or generate recommendations, using best-in-breed tools, to harness various disparate data sources coupled with our big data platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of professionals to build top notch analytics function.
- Communicate insights through design, development, deployment and support of sustainable BI solutions such as dashboards, scorecards and various other forms of data visualization.
- Design, develop, deploy and support measure algorithms in the form of Alteryx workflows, complex SQL scripts and database queries.
- Perform data manipulation tasks using available and most appropriate data management tools to synthesize data into analytical data sets.
- As supervisor of Data and Analytics team, work with stakeholders to help transition proven methods, algorithms, and deliverables to full production support.
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency by identifying and resolving data anomalies and BI platform performance issues.
- Assemble comprehensive metrics by mining data from multiple sources and evaluating those metrics against benchmarks to implement high-quality, data-driven decisions
- Remain current on new data technologies and how they could augment department.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Preferred Master degree in quantitative field, such as Statistics, Engineering, or Advanced Analytics.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 7+ years of experience in an analytical role, with demonstrated experience developing metrics, identifying trends, designing dashboards and reports using enterprise business intelligence tools like Tableau.
- 7+ years of Data analysis, predictive model, statistical model design, development and validation using R, SAS. Experience with R Shiny preferred.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data using industry prevalent software i.e. Tableau, Data Prep, Alteryx, R Shiny
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Understanding and hands-on use of ETL tooling (Tableau Prep, DataStage, Talend, BedRock) and replication processes to centralize and standardize data coming from one or more source system.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL development
- Ability to deliver quality work within strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities and acting with a sense of urgency; able to work well with complexity and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated success at getting buy-in for your ideas with a demonstrated affinity for metrics.
- Ability to analyze information to find trends or diagnose problem areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and looks for feedback, articulates clearly, and actively listens.
- Teamwork skills with the ability to work in complex cross-functional settings.
- Experience with the following:
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports, Business Objects.
- BI content development with very large underlying data sets
- Java Script development
- Data modeling in SAP HANA including the creation of attribute, analytic and calculation views
Apply on company website