Would you like to be a part of a team that plays a critical role in providing quality patient care and improving lives? Come join us at LabCorp!
LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
The North Central Division of LabCorp Diagnostics services patients and clients throughout a 9 state region, providing over 4,700 comprehensive diagnostic testing options. Come grow with us!
We are seeking a Data Entry Lab Assistant to work in our Specimen Accessioning department in South Bend, IN. The primary function of this position is to unpack and enter all data accompanying specimens received at the laboratory to begin the testing process. Candidates must possess a passion for patient care, be goal oriented, and enjoy teamwork.
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Accurately Identify and label specimens
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities
- Meet department activity and production goals
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Resolve and document any problem specimens
- Overtime as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No relative experience required; 1-2 years preferred
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to pass a standardized color blind test
Apply on company website