Participates in specimen testing according to established procedures working under the technical oversight of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
Performs preventative maintenance (PM) on equipment, documents PM appropriately, makes minor repairs and immediately contacts appropriate personnel for problems requiring more complex repairs.
Pipettes samples and reagents using calibrated and approved automatic syringes and dispensers.
Records dates of receipt, in use, and expiration for all reagents, kits, controls, and standards used for assigned assays.
Develops an ever-increasing understanding of laboratory medicine and the clinical significance of laboratory results.
Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies.
Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
Follows any other job-related instructions and performs any other job related duties requested by department management.Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- 0-2 years of clinical laboratory testing experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of specific laboratory and/or department functions
- Ability to exercise judgement to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Proficient with computers and familiarity with laboratory information systems
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!Shift 1 Schedule Sunday-Wednesday8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Apply on company website