Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE:LH), an S&P 500 company is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $9 billion in 2016, LabCorp's 50,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
LabCorp is currently seeking a Laboratory Business Manager in Miami, Florida. The Manager will assist in supporting the University of Miami partnership through design of business strategies and managing day to day operational efficiencies to achieve business objectives and quality goals. Work will include process improvement activities related to creating efficiencies and eliminating waste in processes, as well as reducing costs. In addition, the Manager will oversee financial planning, cost analysis, budgeting, reporting, and revenue and cost analytics.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including quality metrics across several locations in South Florida
- Develop business initiatives and tools based on Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to support cost reduction, operational efficiencies while not compromising quality and turnaround time.
- Complete variance analysis of business performance and comparative monthly.
- Mentor Lab Management in all areas of business operations to include preparation of budgets, staffing productivity models, operational efficiencies.
- Direct reporting responsibility for Quality analysts
- Participate in developing the annual budget, forecasts and ad-hoc analysis for the laboratory.
License/Certification/ Education: B.A./B.S. Degree in business, business management, accounting, finance, Medical Technology, Lab Operations, or related field.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Operations
- Process Improvement experience -- Six Sigma skills highly desired
- Previous track record of achieving cost efficiencies and cost reductions
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and reporting.
- Must possess an understanding of inventory and expense management
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or other MRP / ERP systems a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Experience in lean thinking and creating operational efficiencies.
- Must understand staffing models and productivity improvement.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills with a focus on analysis and process improvement.
- Highly responsive with sense of urgency to provide accurate deliverables under tight time pressure.
- Advance experience in Excel is essential.
- Experience in understanding Quality Metrics
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with large data sets.
- Flexibility to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
Apply on company website