Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a full-time MLT or MT in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment. LabCorp has a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation.
Notre Dame/Mishawaka/South Bend/Elkhart, IN (will be trained to cover multiple sites, and could include Crown Point, Michigan City, Hobart, Valporaiso)
LabCorp offers opportunities with advancement potential in an influential and expanding company. Be a part of something where you can make an impact on improving health and improving lives. Specifically, you will perform the following:
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures in the areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Blood Bank and Coag.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Able to resolve technical, computer, and customer service problems within the specified department.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist in phlebotomy, test order entry and processing of specimens when needed
- Demonstrate the initiative and ability to provide feedback that is useful and assist in individual improvement.
- Maintain a safe environment/wear appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area
- Medical Lab Technician: Associate's Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent preferred w/1-3 years experience.
- AMT or ASCP certification preferred (or required depending upon department and state location)
- Able to work independently within a team and strong attention to detail
- Proficient with computers
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Required to complete at least twelve hours of medical/technical continuing education annually.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Overtime required as business needs
Candidates who qualify as an MT will also be given consideration for this position.
Technologist Requirements: BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science or all required city/state/licenses or permits to qualify as a Technologist plus 1 year of clinical lab experienceRequirements License/Certification/Education: Associate's Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent preferred w/1-3 years' experience Shift 1 Schedule 1st shift, hours vary by location. Weekend rotation (every other)
Apply on company website