Specimen Accessioner (Data Entry Lab Processor)
Who We Are:
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care through its comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. The company provides diagnostic, drug development and technology-enabled solutions for more than 120 million patient encounters per year.
Each day, LabCorp employees have an opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing that the work they do to improve health and improve lives.
About the Opportunity:
Our LabCorp lab in Lincoln, NE is looking for dynamic individuals to be a Specimen Accessioner who will perform specimen preparation duties.Their work involves receiving and unpacking specimens, preparing them for lab tests and ensuring that they are correctly preserved before they are sent off.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling, processing and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
- Follow CLIA, CAP, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective regulations.
- Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
- Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations such as staging of specimens, centrifuge, etc.
- Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and documents problem specimens.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling, sorting specimens, checking labeling, logging specimens, arranging reports for delivery, keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Applicants should be detail oriented, flexible, quick to learn, as well as be proficient in data entry and organizational abilities. Written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role:
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in data entry, lab experience preferred
- Medical background or experience with laboratory testing terminology or a strong aptitude to learn terminology
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
- Able to work productively, effectively, and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks systems simultaneously
- Effective verbal and written communications, especially listening skills
- Detailed orientated with regards to data entry and excellent typing skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to work within windows environment
Apply on company website