This position requires Tableau Desktop and Server knowledge but is NOT A DEVELOPER ROLE.
Think innovation and enablement. Seeking a data visualization genius to enable the self service data visualization community to meet LabCorp's visual analytic reporting needs.
This position will support LabCorp's data visualization needs across BI, data science and customer products by transforming the way end users see and understand data through highly usable and visually engaging dashboards, enabling the self service community to develop outstanding interactive dashboards and engaging with the user community on the Data Viz Center of Enablement to drive adoption, learning and increase data literacy.
- Support the self service data visualization community by providing technical support, troubleshooting issues with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, optimizing dashboard performance and advising on good design principles.
- Increase adoption and engagement of the Data Viz COE by recruiting community members to contribute and participate. Facilitate operations by posting blog entries, conducting training events/webinars, routinely curating resources and monitoring the community forum.
- Simplify end user access to data and present data in clear, easily decipherable ways and promote data literacy. Interact across multiple businesses to implement the deployment of well-designed dashboards that tell creative stories and lead to actionable insight.
- Conceptualize and simplify business questions. Bridge the gap between data and end users. Provide training and support to end users to ensure full utilization of dashboards.
- Design and implement innovative, interactive data visualizations and dashboards with Tableau by utilizing advanced visualization techniques along with built-in guided user interface. Develop initial prototypes to be presented for feedback.
- Perform UAT and implement QA to ensure dashboard accuracy and functionality prior to migration. Troubleshoot data integrity issues.
Requires a B.S. Degree in related field w/2+ years of experience or a M.S. Degree in related field w/0-4 years of experience
Requirements & Skills
- 3+ yrs experience with Tableau Desktop and Server.
- 3+ yrs experience data-driven design, creative storytelling and delivering visual and analytical solutions.
- 3+ yrs experience working with relational databases (HANA, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) Solid understanding of data mart/data warehouse concepts.
- Well-versed in Tableau best practices, performance optimization, and visual analytics to maximize impact and utilization of dashboards.
- Experience transferring technical knowledge, conducting training events and engaging communities.
- Ability to translate business requirements into effective visualizations. Creative problem solver.
- Analytical, detail oriented, innovative thinker who delivers solutions.
Apply on company website