Would you like to be a part of a team that plays a critical role in providing quality patient care and improving lives? Come join us at LabCorp!
LabCorp (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
The North Central Division of LabCorp Diagnostics services patients and clients throughout a 9 state region, providing over 4,700 comprehensive diagnostic testing options. Come grow with us!
We are seeking a Team Leader in our Specimen Accessioning department. This position will process specimens alongside accessioners, and also aide supervisors in orchestrating workflow. This role will also help schedule employees, compile nightly paperwork, maintain department inventory and provide comprehensive training to new hires and monitoring employee productivity. Candidates must possess a passion for patient care, be goal oriented, and enjoy teamwork.
Applicants will be required to pass a data entry test.
Job Duties include:
- Compile nightly paperwork
- Aide the supervisors in orchestrating workflow
- Maintining department inventory
- Provide comprehensive training to new hires
- Monitoring employee productivity
- Handling/Processing/Centrifugation of laboratory specimens, primarily blood and urine specimens
- Data entry of specimen information in a measured production environment
- Extended sitting or standing for up to 4 hour intervals, for an 8 shift, plus any required overtime,
- Very fast paced environment with metrics to meet each night
- Daily overtime required as needed
- Must meet productivity standards after 90 days of employment
- May require carrying, lifting (up to 25 pounds) reaching, grasping and fine manipulation with two hands, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to pass a standardized color blind test
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!Shift 2 Schedule Monday-Friday, 6:30pm-3:00am. Every other Saturday, 5:00pm-11:30pm
Apply on company website