Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Burlington, NC. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
The Virology Department at the Center for Esoteric Testing performs a comprehensive menu of Virology testing including virus cultures, Direct Fluorescent Antibodies (DFAs), immunoassays, Chlamydia testing, Ureaplasma/M. hominis culture, Mycoplasma pneumoniae culture, and Acetycholine Receptor Modulating antibody bioassay. Assays performed in the in our department utilize a variety of scientific non-automated techniques and procedures.
This is a second shift position and is eliible for a shift differential incentive.
Open to entry level and experienced technologist candidates!
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe environment/wear appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!Shift 2 Schedule Tuesday-Saturday 2:00pm-10:30pm
Apply on company website