The Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is seeking Physician Assistants to join our team. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a nationally recognized 345 bed tertiary care hospital located in the northern suburbs of Boston, MA.
- Under the direction of the attending physician:
o History & physical examinations, daily progress notes and discharge summaries
o Outpatient clinic follow-up visits
o Planning and coordinating all aspects of postoperative care and post discharge follow-up
- First assisting with both cardiac and general thoracic surgical procedures. Familiarity with robotic thoracic surgery desirable.
- Harvesting saphenous veins (traditional and endoscopic)
- Placement and removal of chest tubes, central and arterial lines. Removal of pacer wires, sutures/staples, Swan-Ganz catheters, intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Participate in call rotation with other advanced practitioners who provide 24/7 in-house coverage and OR first assist call.
- Graduate of approved Physician Assistant program
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in the field of cardiothoracic surgery or vascular surgery
- Experience with intensive care management of the postoperative cardiothoracic surgery patient including familiarity with ventilators, inotropes and vasoactive medications
- Licensure in the state of Massachusetts
- Current BCLS or ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high acuity environment
Under the direction of a cardiothoracic surgeon and within established departmental practice guidelines, the PA is responsible for performing a variety of duties. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- providing postoperative patient care in the intensive care unit and floor
- treating urgent medical issues such as afib, hemodynamic instability, sepsis
- ER consultations and treatment
- surgical consultations
- preoperative patient evaluation and preparation for surgery
- chest tube and line placement
- urgent patient calls
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in cardiothoracic surgery and be skilled in the care and management of pre, intra and postoperative cardiothoracic surgical patients.
The successful candidate must be able to interact positively with all members of a multidisciplinary care team, patients and their families and possess the emotional intelligence to work collaboratively in a fast paced, high-acuity environment where quality and caring come first.
Shifts: 3 nights per week, including weekends and holidaysThe Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is seeking Physician Assistants to join our team. Lah...
Apply on company website