Under the general direction of the collaborating hospital medicine attending, this provider will be responsible for providing varied medical services and will work one-on-one with a physician, sharing a patient census.
Assessing acute and chronic patient illnesses; obtaining complete medical history and performing a physical examination; ordering and interpreting laboratory tests and imaging studies; formulating and implementing a diagnosis and treatment plan; seeking consultation or referral as necessary; prescribing and/or dispensing medication; counseling patients and families. Practitioners should have at least one year of NP experience in Hospital Medicine, Critical Care or other related field.
- Nurse Practitioner: Graduate of a Masters Program in Nursing.
- Maintain currency through Clinical Education Units.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- Certification and current license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- DEA number and Mass Department of Public Health Division of Food and Drug Restricted Substances registration number as appropriate.
- Written prescription privilege protocols signed by all attendings with whom the individual will be working.
- 12 hour shifts
- Block Rotation- 7 on 7 off OR 5 on 5 off (week runs Thursday Wednesday)
- Weekends included in shift rotation
Apply on company website