INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:St. Joseph, MI
Department:Laboratory HP SJ - Manager Laboratory Technical Services
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Hours:2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. with rotational weekends and holidays Job Summary
Performs simple to complex clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory. Work requires a professional level of knowledge in order to perform, interpret and record patient test results, especially those which are abnormal or atypical. Duties may vary by assigned area but include quality control performance and interpretation, basic instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, proficiency testing assignments and basic inventory management.
Certification as a medical laboratory scientist within a defined timeframe set forth by Lakeland.
Bachelor's degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, or chemical, physical or biological science. Equivalent related degree.
· Under direction of site management performs basic specimen processing and registration functions according to defined procedures.
· Perform basic stain procedures
· Provide cross coverage for Laboratory Assistant specimen processing requirements.
· Follow all laboratory safety procedures to minimize the risk to self and others; reports gaps and escalates as necessary.
· Job assignments may include glassware cleaning, loading and unloading analyzers, sorting specimens, answering phone calls, filing, inventory management.
· Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements
Education:High School / GED / Math And Reading Assessment (Required)
Certifications:Medical Laboratory Scientist - ASCP
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking,
Frequently: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Sitting, Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Bending, Squatting, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Level I Competency: Demonstrates technical testing knowledge and skills by completing section competencies by defined timelines.
Critical thinking skills: Applies theoretical knowledge to test information to insure accurate results
Manages multiple priorities maintaining accurate and timely test results.
Communicates appropriate information to team members, patient care personnel and physicians.
Works as a team member: shares information on workload and problems, helps co-workers as needed; escalate issues as appropriate.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website