INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Department:Physician Practice Management - Senior Manager Medical Practices
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours:M-F, Day shift hours Job Summary
Provide support to the providers in the examination and treatment of patients to facilitate clinic flow and provide excellent patient care. Maintain the standards of patient care as established. Receptionist and clerical responsibilities related to registration and billing required. Provide care in the accordance with the objectives, policies, and procedures of Lakeland Hospital Watervliet Medical Clinics and Lakeland Medical Practices.
Must complete and produce Medical Assistant Certification within 3 months from date of hire.Clerical/Administrative Duties:
• Required rotations of working the front desk, as needed; including but not limited to: registering patients in electronic health record (EHR), updating and filing patient medical and financial information, and scheduling/rescheduling patient appointments.
• Support office function by assisting with general office workflow; including but not limited to: answering telephone calls and addressing calls appropriately, communicating and responding to all messages effectively and efficiently within EHR, assisting representatives from various health-related businesses, and assisting with inventories of office, medical, and laboratory supplies.
• Process medical information for clinic patients; including but not limited to: determining the acuity of a visit and appropriate length of time of the visit in accordance with the supervising provider's protocol, measuring and recording vital signs, taking and recording age-appropriate growth measurements, and recording immunization and allergy status, patient history, subjective and objective data, current medications, and chief complaint.
• Prepare patients and appropriate supplies/equipment for examination, procedures, and/or treatments. Assist the provider during examinations, procedures, and/or treatments; including but not limited to: explanation of procedure/treatment, collecting and preparing laboratory specimens i.e. Influenza and/or Streptococcal pharyngitis specimens, performing electrocardiograms, minor splinting i.e. buddy taping, ace wrapping, ear irrigation, and completion of accurate and thorough documentation.
• Perform and document results of CLIA waived laboratory tests appropriately; including but not limited to: performing routine quality control procedures, and maintaining temperature logs and eye wash station
• Prepare, administer, and document medications, as directed by the provider.
• Obtain authorization of prescription refills by phone and/or fax, as directed by the provider.
• Entry of clinic approved protocol orders.
• Entry of Provider orders and pending provider signature. Responds to telephone encounters and documents in a timely manner.
• Removal of sutures or staples from superficial incisions or lacerations, changing of wound dressings and/or wound care using aseptic technique and obtaining wound cultures, as needed.
• Convey clinical information on the behalf of the provider; including but not limited to: patient education, medication instructions, specialized diets, wound care, and/or diagnostic testing preparation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Education:High School or GED (Required)
Certifications:*Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Certification
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs., Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Bending, Squatting
Occasionally: Sitting, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
Working knowledge of personal computers, printers and software (EPIC, Word, Excel, MCIR, etc.) and other equipment commonly found in a medical office. Ability to type with speed and accuracy. Familiarity with medical terminology and abbreviations beneficial. Good organizational and time management skills.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website