INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Department:Stevensville - Senior Manager Medical Practices
Hours:Every other Saturday 8a.m. to 8p.m., will be 7a.m. to 7p.m. after 1/6/19 Job Summary
Under general supervision, accurately schedules, preregisters/registers, checks in and checks out patients for a Lakeland HealthCare physician practice. Responsible for gathering all necessary demographic and insurance information, verifies, confirms insurance benefits and may assist with precertification requirements needed to allow Lakeland HealthCare to provide prompt, courteous service and to be reimbursed appropriately for patient visits and services.• Schedule appointments for new and established patients over the telephone, through Lakeland MyChart or if the patient presents to the office. Scheduling will be according to the practice's scheduling requirements and follow the electronic health record (EHR) workflow. Some offices may schedule for MRI, CT Scans, and obtain authorizations. • Register all patients promptly and accurately. Will obtain all pertinent demographic and insurance information as needed, including scanning in insurance cards and other patient identification. Obtain signatures and verifies all forms are appropriately completed at the time of the visit. • Verify insurance coverage, benefits and pre-certification requirements on Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross insurances for registered/scheduled patients as appropriate. • Collect and record co-pays and balances due on accounts at time of visit. Prepare appropriate receipts at the time of visit. Maintain control of the cash drawer and balances according to policy. Inform patient/guarantor of payer requirements based on medical necessity and completes appropriate ABN forms. • Scan and document medical reports and other correspondence as appropriate. Continually reviews for inappropriately labeled reports/documents and re-labels them appropriately according to policy. • Responsible for ensuring that a provider's request for a referral/order for, medical equipment or request for continuation of care is completed in a timely manner and in conjunction with the patient's insurance. • Respond to requests from insurance companies regarding dates of service or other information requested by authorized companies to determine payment for visits • Keep abreast of constantly changing departmental and organizational policies/procedures, third party requirements and regulations relative to the registration of patients to assure that authorization and secondary payer procedures are followed. • Perform other duties as assigned by management including but not limited to -clerical duties such as maintaining required department files, preparing daily reports and deposits, medical records requests, handling samples, etc. • Perform other duties as assigned. • Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Education:High School or GED (Required)
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Sitting, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs.
Occasionally: Standing, Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Bending, Squatting, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, printers and software (Epic, Outlook, Word, Excel, MCIR, etc.) and other equipment commonly found in a medical office. Competent working knowledge in the use of routine office equipment, keyboard, computer hardware and practice management software, etc.
• Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, approved abbreviation. Knowledge of ICD-10 coding beneficial.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to demonstrate customer focused interpersonal skills in order to interact in an effective manner with patients, their families, practitioners, and clinic associates.
• Ability to collaborate with clinic associates and providers.
• Must demonstrate consistent positive customer service skills, such as smiling and using a customer friendly tone of voice with customer. Must have good interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with physicians, nursing personnel, others within Lakeland HealthCare, patients, and a diverse group of persons outside of the facility seeking information. Must demonstrate the ability to treat others with compassion and respect.
• Must be able to exercise independent judgment and take initiative in order to resolve issues on a timely basis.
• Must be flexible and adapt easily to constant changes.
• Must possess the ability to comprehend and explain third party payer policies and requirements.
• Requires extensive organizational, priority setting, and time management skills.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website