INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:St. Joseph, MI
Department:Clinical Leader Customer Service Hospice
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Hours:11 p.m. to 9 a.m., Every Other Weekend Job Summary
Offer customer and patient focused care that exceeds expectations at all times. This position provides for seamless
continuity of nursing care between the regular business hours and after hours. This care may be in the absence of or as
an adjunct to the RN Case Manager. Visits are made to hospice patients at home, facility, and hospital locations to
manage emergent symptoms. Provide support to caregivers at the time of death. Demonstrate personal accountability for
own continuous growth and development. Seek out appropriate opportunities to enhance competency and improve
• Exhibit “Patients and Families First” attitude. Respond with compassion, flexibility and urgency to each patient need.
Provide the care that patients want, when they want it.
• Respond to patient/family/facility calls; makes visits as appropriate; provides nursing visits to patients in need.
• Provide support and education to facilitate a pain-free, peaceful, sacred death for dying patients.
• Provide triage relief and triage assistance for peak efficiency.
• Admit new patients as necessary.
• Provide Continuous Care as necessary.
• Assist with chart auditing and monitoring as assigned by Clinical Leader.
• Assist patients and/or loved ones in facilitating their understanding of the disease process, clarifying priorities and
promoting informed choices as evidenced by documentation in nursing notes.
• Utilize electronic chart on visit site to provide real time care planning and timely interventions.
• Collaborate with all process partners to ensure effectiveness of processes and seamless patient services.
• Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and
excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values.
Certifications:*RN License - State of Michigan
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs., Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Bending, Squatting
Occasionally: Sitting, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required. Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organizational skills required.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website