INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:St. Joseph, MI
Department:LENT - Manager Medical Practice
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Hours:8am-5pm M-F Job Summary
Evaluate care for specific patient populations using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Collaborate with clinic providers according to patient care needs.• Maintain the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the Clinic accordingly. • Assess patient at each visit and documents pertinent information. Update problem list as applicable. • Review patient medications, updates medication list, add prescription information to the medication list. • Identify patient/family learning needs and provides education with appropriate materials. Documents education in the progress notes. Is knowledgeable of available community resources. • Assist with procedures and specimen collection. Review lab and other test results and contacts provider when applicable. • Review no show charts and determines appropriate follow up. • Respond to patient telephone messages and documents actions in the electronic health record. Phones prescriptions into a pharmacy under the direction of the patient's provider. • Maintain a commitment to growth and development by participation in mandatory annual in-services, certification, and educational programs for improvement of self to maintain competency. • Participate in the economical utilization of supplies, equipment and resources. • Establish and maintain open and positive communications with other health team members and other departments. • Perform other duties as assigned. • Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Certifications:*RN License - State of Michigan, BCLS Certification - AHA
Skills:Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs., Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Bending, Squatting
Occasionally: Sitting, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, printers and software (Epic, Outlook, Word, Excel, MCIR, etc.) and other equipment commonly found in a medical office.
• Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and approved abbreviations.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to demonstrate customer focused interpersonal skills in order to interact in an effective manner with patients, their families, practitioners, and clinic associates.
• Ability to collaborate with clinic associates and providers.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website