INTERNAL LAKELAND ASSOCIATES - Please apply through Workday. External careers site is for Non Lakeland Associates only
Benefit eligible positions are those listed with 24 hours per week or more.Job Details
Location:St. Joseph, MI
Shift:Variable (United States of America)
Assist in the development of nursing care plans and performs a variety of both technical and routine nursing services consistent with such plans; is responsible for the skillful performance of nursing procedures commonly used in assigned areas. Works under the general supervision of registered nurses. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary depending on patient unit assigned. Provide comprehensive, excellent health care to all clients in Lakeland throughout their developmental life cycle.
Must be presently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing program; having acquired the ability and knowledge equivalent to the before described duties and responsibilities. If a 2 year, associate degree nursing program is being attended, must have completed one-half of the nursing program, including fundamentals of nursing, and at least 5 weeks of a medical-surgical clinical rotation in an acute care hospital setting. If a 4 year, bachelor's program is being attended, must have completed fundamentals of nursing, as well as at least 5 weeks of a medical-surgical rotation in an acute care hospital setting. Will remain a Nurse Technician until successful graduation from the nursing program.
If, for any reason, the student withdraws from the nursing program, their status will be changed to that of a nursing assistant if such a position is available. Upon acceptance of reentry into the program, the student may be eligible for a NT position and the associated pay the first day of class in the nursing program. Proof of reentry into the program from the college must be provided before reinstatement to a Nurse Technician position will be made.• Perform various duties necessary to provide complete care, comfort and safety for assigned patients under the direction of a professional nurse. These duties may include routine daily care, obtaining vital signs, or performing special orders or treatments as directed by a Registered Nurse or immediate supervisor.
• Assist in admitting, transferring, and discharging patients, and caring for patients personal belongings.
• Observe patients, communicate requests, and report reactions or changes in condition to nurse.
• Maintain a commitment to the achievement of quality health care services by maintaining patient rights, safety, privacy, confidentiality, and the "customer relations" philosophy.
• Participate in maintaining, clean and comfortable environment.
• Participate in economical utilization of supplies, equipment and resources.
• Perform a variety of semi-complex treatments or nursing procedures, such as changing dressings, cleansing/irrigating wounds and incisions under supervision, performing catheterization and suctioning patients.
• Maintain a commitment to career growth and development by participation in mandatory annual in-services, certification, Lakeland Regional Health System committees, and educational programs for improvement of self to maintain competency.
• Establish and maintain open and communications in all aspects of job performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Committed to the continuous improvement of the patient experience which includes patient safety, quality of care and excellent service. Adhere to the organization's published values. Requirements
Education:Associates Degree in Progress: Nursing (Required), Bachelors Degree in Progress: Nursing
Skills:Critical Thinking Additional Job Details
Physical Requirements:Continuously: Standing, Walking, Lifting/exerting force: 0-10 lbs., Use of hands to grasp/handle/feel, Vision, Vision-color, Hearing, Speaking
Frequently: Lifting/exerting force: 11-25 lbs., Lifting/exerting force: 26-51 lbs., Bending, Squatting
Occasionally: Sitting, Stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl, Climb/balance, Operating a motor vehicle• Skills: Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact with patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel. Must be able to follow established policies and procedures for patient care.
Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
• Abilities: Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
• Environmental Conditions: Potential exposure to fumes, dust, gases, and odors. Frequent changes in temperature may occur. Possibility of exposure to communicable diseases.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Network by clicking on this link
Apply on company website