Job Description SummaryOperates and maintains boilers and steam/hot water systems that supply heat or power for a potato processing plant. Supervises boiler operators on a daily basis. Orders boiler parts as needed. Provides subordinates with work schedule on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for working in a safe and orderly manner while in the plant or on plant property.
- Supervises all boiler operators on a daily basis.
- Orders boiler parts as needed.
- Provides subordinates with work schedule on a weekly basis.
- Lights gas or oil-fed burners.
- Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators, and burners.
- Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions.
- Makes repairs such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings as necessary.
- Analyzes and treats boiler feed water.
- Maintains log of meter and gauge readings and records data such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed
- Communicates boiler operations needs with production and maintenance departments, assuring safety requirements are met.
- Adheres to all company and plant policies, work rules and procedures.
- Perform duties of the Emergency Response Team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum five years experience in the field of Boiler Operation.
- Minnesota “B” chief License or higher
Apply on company website