**If you are a current Lamb Weston employee, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Job Description SummaryResponsibilities will include diagnosing critical refrigeration, boiler, steam, air problems, installing and setting up equipment, monitoring the function of boilers and support equipment, steam systems, air compressors and air systems, and refrigeration equipment to assure proper operation. Advise supervisory personnel on maintenance requirements, repairs equipment, and any maintenance activities to maximize plant production and uptime. Accomplish assigned repair and maintenance functions throughout the plant in an orderly and timely manner. Will be motivated to complete assigned work orders, and to approach Leads, Peers, and Supervisors for continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs and assures that safe work practices are followed in all work groups.
- Must have the ability to communicate and work with other hourly associates and salaried personnel in a positive manner.
- Perform routine checks and preventive maintenance established by the Team Leader Maintenance and the Maintenance Lead.
- Will be required to perform emergency repairs with minimal to no supervision.
- Perform non-routine maintenance activities assigned by supervision.
- Assists in performing maintenance work, repair, and adjustments of processing equipment; changes and replaces belts, sprockets, bearing, chains, motors, pumps, etc., and performs building repairs.
- Must attend confined space training (attendant, entrant and rescuer), HAZCOM training (Hazard Communication), and have the ability to be qualified in those areas.
- Perform line checks and preventive maintenance (PM) tasks, including documentation lubrication and inspection of equipment to prevent or identify failures.
- Learn and perform operation functions for Refrigeration systems, freeze tunnels.
- Read, write and communicate effectively in English by using prints, sketches, diagrams, operating instructions and technical manuals.
- Will assist Team Leaders and leads in the safety training of associates in the proper and safest way to check and repair equipment.
- Will be expected to train new and existing personnel in all job aspects with an outstanding leadership ability while maintaining their normal responsibilities.
- Will have increased responsibility in rebuilding pumps, compressors and other specialty jobs as assigned.
- Will assist in any maintenance activity assigned by supervision.
- Will maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Will perform frequent housekeeping to ensure safe and clean conditions in all areas of responsibility. This will include support of CPS programs; to include 5S.
- Assist in the delegation of contractor work.
- All other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools, commonly used in this plant, in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Must be able to learn and operate all equipment assigned to Boiler Refrigeration Maintenance. By providing competency in safe operation of the equipment, know what the safe limits of the equipment are, and how to avoid deviations.
- Follows instructions given in work logs, work orders and equipment manuals.
- Repair or assist in repairs to all areas of the plant and outside equipment as assigned by the supervisors.
- Must be able to pass respiratory fit test and medical evaluation, and guidelines in PSM, respiratory program.
- This position requires the use of personal protective equipment to perform the job safely.
- Ref.PPE matrix, respiratory program, emergency action plan.
- Must be able to qualify for operation of forklift and manlift and operate the equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE:
Must poses a CARO or equivalent combination of education and have 1 years on the job training.
Must be capable of doing all operations, know limits of equipment and how to avoid deviations, capable of sound trouble shooting basic refrigeration, boiler, steam, air systems and preferred to have 5 years of on the job training or equal experience. Basic education on Power systems, Refrigeration system, air systems, and basic welding. High school diploma or GED is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees in the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to do basic refrigeration calculations in order to trouble shoot refrigeration systems.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stands and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk, write, or hear.
This position required you to safely lift and carry a 50 pound ladder, and safely lift up to 100 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable in individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will be performed in all areas of the plant. In this position, you will be required to withstand varying temperatures from cold to hot (-28 to 120 degrees) dust, vibration, high humidity, fumes, and wet, dry, muddy and greasy areas.
The noise level in the work environment is usually above 85dB and requires hearing protection.
Apply on company website