**If you are a current Lamb Weston employee, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine tools, fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines by performing the following duties.
Individuals in this position must:
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Owns Cutting system up to sliver removal
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defects or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Performs maintenance on and cleans pieces of equipment.
- Keep daily logs and records all pertinent information (any foreign material found, defects in equipment, shut downs, etc.)
- Cutter Deck Operator will provide breaks to ADR Operator.
- May be required to used 2 way radio.
- Required to use a computer touch screen to monitor and control equipment.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Actively participate in AMD activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
- Sanitation qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Employee must be Lock-out/Tag-out qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85 dB.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will frequently be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
May occasionally work around fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
Apply on company website