Job Description SummaryBe able to safely lift heavy loads,(40 lbs) routinely: heavier loads when necessary. Function around machinery safely.
Use chemicals in a safe and efficient manner. Perform specific responsibilities to be assigned by supervisor.
Learn and follow company polices and guidelines. Must complete Lock Out Tag Out Validation.
Assures quality of workmanship by continual observation of the assigned line, and performing necessary functions to insure:
- Case erectors, glue applications, and other machines are properly loaded.
- Proper operation of metal detector and check weigher.
- Proper replacement of bags in the cases.
- Proper operation of case shakers.
- Proper operation of case sealers and glue patterns.
- Correct and legible case codes.
Assures conformance with sanitation standards by:
- Keeping area clean and walkways free of product and debris.
- Cleaning floors and equipment.
- Ensuring that product rejected by the metal detectors is disposed of according to
- Assuring that hand dips are being used and changed in the prescribed manner.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Apply on company website