Job Description SummaryInspects, sorts and removes defects from product being processed in a food production facility in a safe and effective manner. Takes direction from trim trainer and team leaders.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Rotates to all General Labor work stations to complete assigned tasks.
- Quickly assesses and removes foreign materials and non‑standard product from moving receiving and processing equipment as assigned using both hands.
- Hand sizes raw product on the trim line according to product specifications and Lamb Weston standards.
- Efficiently trims defects (cuts, rot, green, sugar ends, disease, etc...) from raw product to Lamb-Weston standards.
- Distributes product on processing equipment to maintain even product flow.
- Inspects raw product to ensure that it has been peeled, cut, cleaned and blanched, ready for final inspection or packaging.
- Performs hand-packing as assigned.
- Inspects bags in packaging and removes defective bags to Lamb-Weston's standards.
- Reports any irregular cuts or malfunction of food processing equipment as quickly as possible to the lead or team leaders
- Rework cased product into totes.
- Resort and/or recycle used cases as assigned.
- Performs clean‑up duties as assigned.
- Performs weekend clean-up as assigned . This requires a working knowledge of lock-out procedures and chemical and cleaning procedures.
- Monitors equipment for plug-ups.
- Tote make-up and breakdown.
- Hand palletize cased product.
Job QualificationsPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to bend, reach and grasp.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This is necessary to distinguish partially peeled potatoes, unusable potatoes, different types of foreign material, and the ability to detect different levels of severity in defects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have to stand on concrete floors, metal catwalks, or other surfaces for long periods of time.
- The employee regularly works in close proximity to moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. Individuals sensitive to motion sickness may be unable to perform the duties of the job.
- The employee is frequently exposed to temperature changes, various levels of illumination, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat.
- The employee occasionally works in high, places and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and the floors are wet and slick.
Apply on company website