Company: Lamb Weston
Location: Eagle, ID
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for passionate individuals to manage the relationships between the corporate IT function and one or more assigned business units. The Business Relationship Manager will understand business unit operations and identify opportunities to leverage technology to increase efficiency or effectiveness. This role will collaborate with assigned business unit(s) to assess information technology needs, support the planning and discovery work for project needs and support the business in navigating the IT engagement process. This person serves as a primary liaison for the business unit(s); receives requests or inquiries, helps the business to prioritize initiatives, facilitates project request documentation, and represents unit interests to senior IT leadership.
- Own the portfolio for 2-3 business units and acts as their primary liaison into IT
- Responsible for building rolling 18-month roadmaps for each business area
- Works closely with IT Architecture, Business Leaders and IT Leaders to form the IT Strategy for aligned business unit.
- Role is highly strategic, coordinates across business unit; facilitates prioritization; understands status of active project in business area assigned; work with IT Sourcing and Architecture to evaluate new solutions; stays informed on current technology for the aligned business area.
- Work with aligned business areas for FY planning and prioritization
- Manage up to 6 concurrent projects through Initiation phase to Project start
- Escalate support issues to the appropriate IT leaders and ensure proper follow through
- Act as first-point of contact for business units to IT for new technology requests and/or enhancement requests for existing technology.
- Act as a guide/navigator through the IT processes and teams for the business.
- Understand and advocate for the business unit's technology goals and needs
- Own the relationship with the business unit and ensure proactive communication
- Work closely with Business Requirements Analysts and Business Process Designers (BAs) and IT Architecture on project requests
- May facilitate the requirements with the business for Disaster Recovery plans and recovery requirements along with Service Level Agreements for related business applications
- Act as a stakeholder in projects related to the business units supported and manage issues and escalations
- Communicate status on projects, issues and other areas of interest to business units in a timely manner
- Build and maintain successful working relationships at all levels of the business units supported
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires BS/BA in Business, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Previous work experience in the manufacturing and/or food and beverage industry preferred
- Requires 5+ years of experience in IT Business Analytics or Planning role
- Exceptional communications skills – both verbal and written
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to influence and inspire trust
- Must be able to listen, understand and discern business wants versus needs
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking and ability
- Some travel may be required
Apply on company website