Company: Lamb Weston
Location: Kennewick, WA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
Job Description SummaryAs one of the world's leading producers of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products, Lamb Weston operates multiple plants throughout North America and works closely with growers to produce a wide variety of high-quality products our customers expect. We are searching for an experienced and outstanding Ag Services Manager- Digital Ag & Agronomy.
This position is ideal for a progressive and enthusiastic individual who takes pride in their work and shares the company's commitment to continuous improvement in providing technical support in all aspects of potato production and storage management for Lamb Weston growers in North America as well as in developing markets abroad. This role represents an excellent opportunity to advance your career in an organization with a great reputation and progressive commitment to science and data driven decision making.
- Will help Lead the development and implementation of Lamb Weston's Digital Ag Program.
- Will be directly responsible for implementing and improving remote sensing platforms, data collection systems, data analytic platforms, crop models and grower interface platforms.
- Will work directly with growers to help them implement and/or improve digital ag related systems and platforms.
- Will translate Digital Ag. technology into data driven insight for our growers, agronomist, field managers and manufacturing teams
- Will assist growers with crop management decisions, alternative solutions to crop management decisions, technical expertise and planning assistance based on data and insights gained from our digital ag program
- Will identify, evaluate and advise Digital Ag Stakeholders within Lamb Weston on emerging technologies and vendors that will enhance LW's Digital Ag program and vision
- Will work directly with our IT department and analytics team to assure full systems integration from field to end user.
- Will be responsible for conducting grower training, extension activities and on-farm visits as it pertains to remote sensing platforms, data collection systems, data analytics platforms crop models and grower interface platforms
- Perform various statistical and/or quantitative analytics tasks as needed.
- Act as a liaison with university, government extension and industry personnel in all markets where LW operates around the globe in order to ensure Lamb Weston is current on all the latest technology and methods related to digital Ag.
- Willingness to travel international on occasion.
- All other assignments and responsibilities as directed by the Director of Ag Services.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Ag Management, Agronomy, Crop Science or a closely related field preferred or an equivalent higher level of experience directly related to Digital Agriculture and Ag Management
- 6 - 8 years combined experience in potato production, precision agriculture, agronomic science, and frozen potato production preferred
- Inherent ability to recognize and pursue system solutions approach through the application of technology and data capture automation
- Proven ability to recognize technological solutions and the ability to reduce these to a practical application and value creation for growers and manufacturing.
- Experience with Ag imagery platforms, yield monitoring, moisture monitoring, data collection systems, machine learning tools and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Valid US driver's license and ability to meet Lamb Weston driving standards
Apply on company website