Job Description SummaryJob Description
Maintenance Mechanic will perform preventative maintenance tasks and repair on equipment. The Mechanic must have a basic understanding of industrial safety, welding, basic electrical, pneumatic controls, and hydraulic controls. Must have basic computer skills and able to work under minimal supervision.
Mechanic work is very physical and involves standing, climbing, kneeling, lifting, squatting and work on elevated platforms. Mechanics must be in good health, agile and have good hand-eye coordination
Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials
• Be willing and able to work a variety of schedules including dayshift, nightshift, weekend and holidays,
• Read and interpret blueprint, Electrical diagrams, and written instructions.
• Perform accurate measurements, and arithmetic calculations.
• Understand and perform lock out/tag out procedures
• Identify and use basic rigging/lifting devices (cables, chains, come along, shackles, slings, straps, electric winches)
• Possess basic hand tools: wrenches, sockets, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, measuring tape, speed square, levels
• Identify and use personal protective equipment (including boots, glasses, hardhat, gloves, face shield, goggles, respirator, leathers, earplugs)
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques
- A valid driver's license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment
2-3 years' experience in Mechanical Trade
- Knowledge of methods and materials common to Mechanical trades.
- Understanding of Mechanics trade's best practices and standards.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Apply on company website