Job Description SummaryUnder the direction of the team leader, the packaging operator is responsible to operate, monitor and adjust the packaging equipment in a manner consistent with production needs and quality standards.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Ensures proper container sizing.
- Records packaging machinery efficiencies, downtime and fills out reports accurately and correctly.
- Responsible for insuring complete package quality of product taking regular checks of weights, seals, codes, glue patterns, etc..
- Complete CIL's and Centerlines
- Participates in AMD Drumbeats
- Orders packaging material (paper, poly, carton) from storage as needed.
Monitors line-flow rates:
- Regular checks for proper feed of product through baggers for maximum efficiency.
- Monitors and adjusts vibrators to gain optimum bagger performance.
- Includes continuous scraping to allow for optimum product level.
Monitors bagger operation:
- Ensures by regular checks that baggers are being fed with enough product to run efficiently.
- Notifies team leaders of problems.
- Checks bag weights and adjusts to meet Q.A. standards.
- Changes tape and wires on jaws.
- Changes paper and poly rolls.
- Checks poly codes with Q.A. and continuously monitors for accuracy.
Monitors dyna-pack operation:
- Adjusts for different fiber.
- Adjusts chair.
- Supplies COPs with fiber.
- Adjusts bag settlers as needed to minimize breakage.
Monitors case settler operation:
- Adjusts for different fiber.
- Monitors headspace on cases and adjusts settings accordingly (compression, time and height).
Monitors case sealer operation:
- Adjust for different fiber.
- Monitors and adjusts glue patterns.
- Changes glue heads as needed.
- Ensures proper sanitation and operation (changes or scrapes glue head and housing continuously).
Monitors Ink-jet coder:
- Programs proper code statement.
- Adjusts for optimum code placement and clarity on case.
Monitors line sanitation:
- Keeps baggers clean of crumbs.
- Cleans take-away belts.
- Keeps floors clean of debris.
- Cleans run-around system.
- Insures all of packaging is clean and food safe.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
- Ability to write accurate information on simple forms in English.
- Ability to effectively present or listen to information in one‑on‑one and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand on hard floors and walk quickly.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to slippery, wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or hazardous chemicals.
- The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles such as fiber dust and tight confined spaces.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts, in high places, and is exposed to extreme heat and cold alternating through each shift.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Apply on company website