Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for operating and adjusting all process equipment [exit of evenflows to discharge of freeze tunnel] for smooth and productive operations; monitors lineflow and waste; corrects problems which affect quality and production costs. Complete Leader Standard Work as needed and makes line changes as directed by the Process Operator Specialist, CI Lead, or Team Leader.
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members. Continuously improve to make Safety a Core Value in the plant.
- Own equipment activity from Evenflows through Fryers and into freeze tunnels.
- Fill, operate, and drain all water systems associated with processing equipment in a manner to maintain levels, maintain quality, maintain equipment reliability, and minimize total water usage.
- Implement changes to settings on all processing equipment, as specified by the supervisor, in such a manner to prevent problems with downstream equipment, keep line volume consistent, maintain product integrity and maximize recovery. This would include the optical sorters and LADRES.
- Proficiently utilize process control system and maintain a feedback method with supervisors and maintenance to ensure systems function properly and maximize equipment and/or labor efficiency through automation.
- Control all processing equipment to maintain sanitary conditions and coordinate/communicate line downtime activities with Sanitation Lead.
- Control product waste systems to maintain sanitary conditions within the plant and maximize recovery.
- Start, stop, and adjust all processing equipment in sequence for: Cut changes, Equipment problems, Line downtime, Emergency situations, and Shutdowns
- Use process control system to monitor equipment efficiency and settings.
- Monitor & record waste levels.
- Monitor product levels in evenflow bins to keep line volume consistent.
- Maintain blend rates to aid in achieving consistent finished quality.
- Monitor raw product quality.
- Monitor processing lab results and make/suggest changes to equipment and settings as needed.
- Perform water quality/salinity checks on the PEF [pre-heater] and enter them into QA Process
- Perform peel loss and peel grid checks and enter them into QA Process
- Understand and interface with Peel Scanner
- Maintain constant communication with QA personnel, and Supervisor group
- Must understand function and hazards of various cleaning chemicals, and must be able to perform various product testing procedures.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Shoveling product spills.
- Breaking of other areas as directed by Team Lead group.
- Performs weekend cleanup as assigned and other sanitation duties.
- Must be able to use and communicate on a 2 way radio.
- Required to use a computer and touch screen (HMI) to monitor and control equipment.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Actively participate in AMD activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
- Sanitation qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Employee must be Lock-out/Tag-out qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and 12 hours as required.
- Forklift Certification may be required. If not, employee must meet requirements to become forklift certified.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.
Apply on company website