Job Description SummaryOversee the shift operations that include packaging, sanitation, maintenance, QA and warehouse to meet plant goals.
- Observe and monitor shift safety practices; coach and mentor team members to ensure employee compliance, reduce risks and hazards, as well as comply with policies and procedures.
- Product / Packaging Quality leadership in coordination with QA Leads and Technicians to ensure quality standards are met.
- Observe and monitor shift production in order to assist operators in identifying and solving problems. Have a positive impact on throughput for all production lines.
- Actively participate in, and lead continuous improvement efforts. Identify and implement improvement ideas.
- Aggressively apply lean manufacturing methods to solve operational problems. Help others learn and apply lean manufacturing methods.
- Provide input to the development of equipment, position and systems training standards. Assist with training standard reviews and implementation. Become a qualified signer on primary and auxiliary equipment normally operated by your crew.
- Demonstrate exceptional paperwork accuracy.
- Maintain production throughput (attainment) of 100% of current standard or better on all production lines qualified.
- Maintain a first-pass quality rate of 99.6% or better.
- Assist with implementation of new equipment. Attend pre-installation training and checkout. Participate in new equipment evaluation, testing and start up.
- Openly exhibit the plant operating principles of Safety, Quality and then Production. Set the example through the Ways We Lead; IE - Positive Intent, Recognition and Follow Up - through your own actions and interactions with others. Lead by example to bring out the best behavior in others around you.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal in English; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skills in teamwork and communication including leadership, problem solving and flexibility.
- Minimum two years of experience working in a manufacturing/food processing/packaging facility with an emphasis in machine operations.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the ability to diagnose problems and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Apply on company website