Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for unloading trucks in a safe and timely manner, keeping the receiving area clean, and for washing and sizing of raw product for Hermiston Plant (all product lines inclusive). The Receiving Operator adjusts receiving equipment for smooth and productive operations, corrects problems which affect quality and production costs, and makes line changes as directed by the Production Lead or Team Leader.
Individuals in this position must:
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Actively participate in AMD activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and the safety of other team members.
- Be responsible for proper handling of raw product throughout the receiving area.
- Inventory volumes of raw product.
- Unload trucks and take samples, drive a forklift, front-end loader, and operate receiving equipment.
- Must take samples of the product at the beginning/middle/end of unloading for WSDA and Lamb Weston Hermiston QA
- Accurately collects samples by storage or field numbers without mixing, and labels raw product sample bins.
- Monitor and maintains product quality and attributes.
- Communicate with other personnel: line status, quality, and other problems.
- Must understand function and hazards of various cleaning chemicals, and must be able to perform various product testing procedures.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Shovel product spills.
- Complete production forms as required.
- Enter information into the computer and utilizes process control equipment to control product flow.
- Monitor in-line magnets. Performs required magnet checks on receiving equipment after truck unloading.
- Maintain water quality.
- Sanitation of area; May be required to move totes using forklift.
- Performs weekend cleanup as assigned.
- May be required to use a 2 way radio.
- Required to use a computer touch screen to monitor and control equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
Sanitation qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
Employee must be Lock-out/Tag-out qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
Forklift Certification is required. If not, employee must meet requirements to become forklift certified.
Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85 dB.
Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
Will frequently be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
May occasionally work around fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
Will work around forklift traffic.
Apply on company website