Job Description SummaryManages plant safety programs to ensure safe and accident-free work environment. Implements safety key concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance. Plans and/or delivers programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices. Promotes plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend safety improvements. Analyzes accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented. SCOPE: Medium or small plant leader. 5 years related experience.
Manages plant Health and Safety programs to ensure the company is providing a safe and accident-free work environment. Responsible for leading and supporting the development of and implementation of a facility-wide safety culture through technical support, program development, and relationship building. Implements safety key concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and world class performance. Plans and/or delivers programs to train managers and employees in work site safety. Promotes plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend improvements. Analyzes accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
- Manages all aspects of health and safety programs
- Promotes an accident-free work environment by developing programs that routinely train, monitor and assure a safe workplace
- Plans and delivers programs to train managers and employees in workplace safety practices
- Assists in accident investigations and prepare accident reports required by regulatory agencies
- Conducts inspections and audits in plant and at other facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures
- Facilitates the Central Safety Committee process by active participation in the subcommittee process and acting as a resource for each group
- Administers initial Workers Compensation functions
- Guides and directs plant toward compliance of State, Federal and local Safety regulations
- Determine and direct necessary compliance training for all individuals to assure OSHA, TOSHA, and company training requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year university in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management preferred
- Minimum of five years industrial safety experience and a CSP certification preferred
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience building and leading teams
- Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations
- Ability to interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
- Ability to write regulatory reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Experience performing risk assessments and audits
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Apply on company website