Job Description SummaryWorks with and coordinates activities of sanitation workers engaged in duties concerned with sanitation in a food processing establishment by performing the following duties.
- Maintains safe work practices at all times and participates in safety programs.
- Inspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Issues chemicals, sanitation tools and protective gear from the chemical room and keeps accurate records for efficient inventory control.
- Oversees primary maintenance and cleaning of sanitation equipment and tools including monitoring use of defoamer and chemicals.
- Directs, trains and motivates Sanitation Laborers in proper sanitary procedures.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas and knows the purpose of each chemical available for maximum sanitation benefit.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices, conditions, poor housekeeping and is responsible for assuring issues found are corrected.
- Compiles required reports regarding weekly inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Routes reports to designated plant personnel.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised and must be able to meet or exceed all prerequisite and performance standards of the Sanitation Laborer position.
- Directly supervises sanitation crew.
- Understands the effects of good sanitation practices on the finished product.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Confers with Sanitation Supervisor and Shift Supervisor on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, procedures, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Must have good communication skills oral and written.
- Must have good leadership abilities.
- Must be qualified in Sanitation.
Must have ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions like chemical usages. Ability to deal with problems involving work performance, motivation safety issues, sanitary issues, etc…
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must be able to work any or all areas of the plant. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Apply on company website