Job Description SummaryAs an integral part of food safety, the Corporate Sanitation Specialist mentors, directs, and trains plant sanitation personnel to operate as a team with focus on safety and sanitation efficiency and excellence.
The Corporate Sanitation Specialist is part of the Corporate Sanitation team and is a key component of the food safety, food protection, sanitation, environmental and microbiological programs at Lamb Weston. This position will provide technical expertise for the supply chain necessary to maintain environmental, process and food safety compliance as it relates to sanitation practices.
Analyzes and disseminates EMPC trending data utilizing Enviromap and/or other company software, recommends appropriate mitigation strategies related to EMPC, Sanitation Effectiveness, and microbiological or sanitation deficiencies within Lamb Weston facilities.
The role ensures conformance of the manufacturing sites to various internal, external, and state/federal regulations with regards to biological and sanitation requirements. The role will interface between Sanitation, Corporate Quality, Food Protection and the manufacturing sites in regard to Sanitation and Environmental microbiological data to ensure the quality and safety of systems and practices through regular auditing and feedback to all parties.
- The ability to track and trend EMP data and support root cause and corrective action.
- Become the corporate sanitation groups Enviro-Map “champion”.
- Lead and implement proper ATP and APC testing and analysis for all site locations.
- Provide feedback on results to leadership team and champion corrective actions.
- Conduct portfolio risk assessments and recommend risk mitigation strategies and approaches.
- Respond to food safety-related special situations and provides guidance and direction to the process.
- Interact with key internal stakeholders such as Sanitation, Food Protection, Quality, Supply Chain on food safety-related issues, programs and procedures.
- Under the supervision of the Corporate Sanitation Manager ensure that all appropriate pre-requisite programs applicable to the Food Safety Plan including training, GMP's, SSOP's, and others are developed and functioning as part of Lamb Weston's overall food safety/food protection system.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Sanitation Manager and under the direction of the Director of Sanitation Hygiene, consult and recommend through Process Engineering, hygienic design of equipment for improvement to sanitation and cleanability.
- Provide manufacturing support, including advising Corporate Quality and plant personnel on:
- Validation of processes and equipment for sanitation effectiveness
- Investigation and completion of appropriate corrective actions when pathogens are identified in the EMP programs or after hygienic restoration events.
- Provide key assistance in SAP development for a complete sanitation MSS program.
- Analyze and assess Hygienic Zoning as it relates to environmental monitoring and pathogen control within all Lamb Weston facilities.
- Monitors microbiological reports from the plant to determine whether cleaning procedures are being followed. Implements corrective action as necessary.
- Participates in regular meetings with plant management to discuss sanitation improvements. Facilitates problem resolution related to sanitation issues.
- Develops, maintains and reports required operational information to management.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies, systems, and sanitation practices.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support Lamb Weston's organizational and business needs.
- BA or BS Degree - emphasis in Food Science preferred
- 6 years supervisory experience in a food-processing organization,
- Working knowledge of FDA or USDA regulations, GFSI requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HARPC.
- Proficient in environmental monitoring and bioluminescent swabbing.
- Experience in hygienic design evaluation and remediation.
- Experience in allergen validation and verification.
- Experience in RTE, Low Moisture Foods, Acidified Foods (as required).
- Experience with CIP and/or COP systems (as required)
- Demonstrated understanding of production scheduling and other production variables such as run-rates, processing times, change-over times, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software.
- Development/enhancement of SSOPs.
- Knowledge in HARPC, Sanitation, Chemical Safety
- Excellent organizational and project management skills a must
- Computer Skills: MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
- Stand, sit, and/or walk for up to 8 hours a day.
- Drive company or rental vehicle for up to 6 hours in a day, infrequently.
- Occasionally will work in plant settings.
- Use of lab equipment and tools.
- Lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally and up to 50 lbs. infrequently.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Apply on company website