Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for tasks surrounding and financial reporting and corporate accounting processes at Lamb Weston. This includes period-end close activities, account reconciliations and assistance with the preparation of monthly internal financial statements. This position requires extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position will partner frequently with personnel at all levels within the Controllers Organization and throughout the Company. The consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of this communication are vital and must clearly convey all outstanding issues
- Provide support for internal and external financial statements in compliance with GAAP and/or other regulatory requirements.
- Participate actively in recurring and special projects involving accounting matters, such as policy updates, compliance support, and process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in and perform period-end close activities to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly accounting schedules as support for the balance sheet account reconciliations and financial audits, and provide analytic support to business partners as required.
- Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger.
- Exercise judgment in financial, operational, or transactional analysis to identify and resolve issues.
- Assist in internal and external audits.
- Maintain effectiveness of processes, procedures, and control environment.
- Effectively communicate information impacting both internal and external customers.
- Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company's overall financial condition.
- Successfully work in a team environment and across business groups within the company.
- Ensure compliance with SOX Controls and Lamb Weston policies.
- Reviewing the closing of financial systems and identify and resolve unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prioritize multiple activities to ensure accurate and timely completion of both scheduled and extemporaneous tasks within a tight deadline.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and/or advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, financial reporting, etc.
- SEC audit experience preferred;
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles required
- Strong communication, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and assignments at the same time to reach resolution
- Ability to research problems independently and propose business solutions
- Ability to reach out to various levels within the organization in order to resolve issues.
- Ability to identify and promptly communicate situations that may materially affect the company's overall financial condition.
- Proficient PC and MS Office skills
Apply on company website