Job Description SummaryThe Senior Human Resources Generalist provides HR services for assigned groups in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of activities, providing ongoing support and general expertise in all areas of human resources. Partners with management and employees to ensure that all human resources deliverables are completed. Works closely with HR specialty areas to provide knowledge and expertise to internal and external customers.
· Supports and advises employees, supervisors and managers regarding employee relations issues including coaching supervisors and managers in managing employee performance
· Supervises a team of Operations Support team members
· Manages the processing of FMLA, OFLA, STD, and any other leave of absence
· Responsible for conducting and following up in employee investigation matters.
· Responsible for assisting in the administration of disability and Workers Compensation claims
· Manages the processing of new job requisitions and hiring activities for all Hourly and Salary personnel
· Maintains AAP including overseeing the disposition of candidates on all requisitions, maintain and verify applicant logs, establish hiring goals and assist in communication of hiring goals to appropriate hiring managers
· Conducts annual wage survey and evaluation
· Conducts periodic audits and ensures accurate recordkeeping for HR systems and processes
· Tracks all personnel activities and responsible for HR statistics: turnover, applicants, new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations
· Provides supervisory training during orientation period for managers and supervisors
· Responsible for updating Hourly Employee Handbook and maintaining HR policies and procedures
· Responsible to communicate non-harassment and workplace violence training
· Assist in communicating and encouraging wellness program and activities
· Serves as HR representative on assigned committees, projects and community involvement activities
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree required, preferably with major in Human Resources, Psychology, Sociology, Business or related field
· 5+ year of Human Resources Generalist experience with a minimum of 2 in a Unionized environment
· 2+ years of supervisory experience
· Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be able to interact professionally and positively with employees at all levels in the organization
· Impeccable attention to detail and organization skills
· Position is Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Periodically off shift work may be required for employee events and projects.
· Some experience with HRIS such as Kronos, WorkDay and WorkLoud is preferred.
· Experience with HR systems upgrades and implementations
· Excellent computer skills including but not limited to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Experience conducting workplace investigations and resolution of issues
· Knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations (e.g. FMLA, OFLA, Affirmative action, ADAAA)
· Knowledge of benefit programs (Medical, 401k, etc.)
· Knowledge and experience with interviewing and employment practices
· Ability to make sound hiring decisions for a dynamic work environment
· Experience with writing reports, business correspondence and policies/procedures
Apply on company website