Company: Lamb Weston
Location: Richland, WA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Food, Beverage
Job Description SummaryIndependently implements Lamb Weston policies and procedures within the Supplier Compliance functional area of the Lamb Weston Food Protection group. Supports the implementation of relevant QA processes and procedures in the Supplier Compliance group. Daily execution of activities related to reviewing, monitoring and assessing the integrity of a supplier's adherence to Lamb Weston quality expectations is also expected. Supervises and offers direction to other professional employees without direct reporting responsibility to the position.
- Assesses supplier and ingredient risk, maintains ranking documentation and determines audit level and frequency to meet Lamb Weston and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in management of Lamb Weston's supplier auditing program.
- Schedules, organizes and conducts onsite new supplier audits recognizing food safety risks and compliance with regulatory requirements and supplier's policies and procedures.
- Documents supplier audit results and follows up on supplier corrective actions.
- Reviews second and third party audit information, documents review, and follows up on supplier corrective actions.
- Contributes to cross functional teams to assure effective implementation and adherence of QA initiatives and process improvement of Lamb Weston suppliers independently.
- Designs and updates department processes and procedures. Performs assigned technical tasks/duties associated with department processes and procedures.
- Provides technical and decision-making support, data in managing situations and issues relative to quality and/or food safety as necessary.
- Supports Lamb Weston plant locations in addressing supplier related food safety and quality issues.
- Ensures suppliers comply with Lamb Weston Supplier Quality Expectations Manual.
- Assists Procurement in identifying quality suppliers.
- Maintains content of the Supplier Compliance SharePoint site
- B.S. in Food, Biological or Chemical Science or related field required. MS preferred.
- Minimum 5 years food industry experience required. 2 years of food safety auditing experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety principals, HACCP, pest control, GMP's, Organic, Kosher, Halal and allergen management principals. Must be HACCP and PCQI certified or ability to quickly obtain.
- Familiar with ingredient, finished product, and packaging specification creation and specification technical requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with microbiological sampling and procedures.
- Experience with government regulatory requirements in food processing, including FSMA and FSVP.
- Advanced report writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent computer skills using programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and SharePoint.
- Have a current passport or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time. Travel will be both domestic and international. Must be able to travel as a responsible Lamb Weston representative.
- Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
- Office: Sitting for up to 8 hours a day.
- Plant : Walking/Standing on various plant surfaces for up to 8 hours a day. Climbing to various heights via stairs or ladders on a regular basis.
Apply on company website